December MCLE - Win/Win: Developing Value-Based Relationships With Your Legal Service Providers
December 13, 2011
7:30 AM - 9:00 AM
The difficult economic times of the past few years have caused in-house counsel to be more cost conscious than ever before. Spurred by the ACC Value Challenge, many are re-thinking their relationships with their law firms, searching for interactions based more on value than hourly rate. This type of thinking, however, shouldn’t be limited to a department’s outside counsel spend and should extend to legal service providers as well.
This session will focus on the ACC Value Challenge, its impact on the relationships between clients and firms, and provide insight on how to develop similar a similar process for all legal service providers in order to improve legal service to the client. Topics to be covered will include:
* What is the Value Challenge and why is it important?
* How does a value based relationship improve the legal practice and client service?
* What is the Covenant with Counsel, and how does it impact/improve inside counsel/outside counsel/service provider relationships?
* How can each of the tenets of the Covenant improve the efficiency of all teams
* How the Covenant reaches beyond outside counsel and extend to all legal service providers
* Tips on developing a litmus test for all legal service providers
Jennifer Coyne, Esq. - Applied Discovery
Michael Pontrelli, Esq. - Applied Discovery
William Sailer - QUALCOMM
7:30 - 8:00 Registration and Breakfast
8:00 - 9:00 Program
Credits: 1 Hour
Doubletree Hotel Del Mar
11915 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130